4/2/15 – 4/3/15. w/ Kath and Camia at Rey’s residence.
Sans Rival is a Filipino dessert cake made of layers of buttercream, meringue and chopped cashews.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white.
- Measure 120g of egg white.
- Add cream of tar tar to egg white.
- Whisk it on mixer ’til the color turns to shinny white.
- Add the grinded cashew nuts.
- Add flour.
- Mix well.
- Form it on the backing pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes @ 350 deg.
- Mix yolk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale yellow.
- With boiling water on the pan, place the bowl with the yolk at the top.
- Whisk until thick but enough that the yolk won’t cook.
- Whisk again using mixer, then add cube butter slowly.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix again about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the buttercream on both sides of meringue cookies then apply graham with grinded cashew all over.